Skip Navigation

Agenda and minutes

Venue: Meeting Room 1, Allenview House, Hanham Road, Wimborne BH21 1BR. View directions

Items
No. Item

25.

Declarations of Interest

    • 0

    Members are reminded that any disclosable pecuniary interests must be declared including any issues which may arise through pre-determination or bias.

    Pro forma for this purpose are available from the Members' Room. (Guidance on declaring an interest is included on subsequent page.)

    Minutes:

    Councillor P Harrison declared a non-pecuniary interest in Agenda Item 6 – Community Asset Transfer – as he was a trustee of the Village Hall in Corfe Mullen on behalf of the Parish Council but had no pecuniary interest and remained present.

26.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 56 KB

    • 0

    To confirm the Minutes of the meeting held on 15 November 2018 (copy herewith)

    Minutes:

    The minutes of the meeting held on 15 November 2018 were confirmed and signed as accurate record subject to correcting the following typos:-

    ·       Minute No 23, the last line on the 6th paragraph, insert “a” in front of the word “requirement”; and

    ·       Minute No 23, Resolution C, replace “Capitol” with “Capital”.

     

27.

Presentations by the Public

    • 0

    The Chairman to invite members of the public to ask questions, submit petitions or make deputations which are relevant to any area of the operation of the Committee

    Minutes:

    No presentations were received on this occasion.

28.

Capital Programme Update

    • 0

    To provide Members with an update on the Capital Programme

    Minutes:

    The Strategic Director provided Members with a verbal update on the Capital Programme. It was stated that at the next meeting in January, there would be a clearer picture of the situation in terms of delivering on those commitments and what money will and will not be allocated. It was stated that the amount of work being given to the creation of the two new authorities was absorbing a lot of officer time, but progress was being made.

    Members requested that the Section 151 Officer be present at the next meeting to provide a clear picture of the Capital Programme.

    In regards to the amount of funds from the Capital Programme that would be transferring to the new Authority, there was around £13 million in total reserves, of which £4.2 million was unallocated, and an additional million in a general fund balance, making a total of around £5 million transferring in cash.  The remainder of the £13 million will be transferred, but is attached to other commitments. This excludes the Furzehill site as it is an asset and unlikely to be sold by April. It was noted that there would be a significant amount transferred for an authority of this size, and Members requested that they be provided with an estimate of what the other authorities were contributing.

    It was further noted that any outstanding projects would be transferred and would be reviewed by the new authority at some point. Any of those projects that have already been committed would likely continue.

    Members deferred the update on Enabling Housing by the Portfolio Holder for Housing to the next meeting of the Cabinet Committee.

29.

Community Asset Transfer - Progress Report pdf icon PDF 65 KB

    To update Members on the progress to date with regard to transfer of community assets to Town and Parish Councils.

    Additional documents:

    Minutes:

    The Head of Community and Leisure submitted a report, a copy of which had been circulated to each Member and a copy of which appears as Appendix 'A' to these Minutes in the Minute Book.

    The Strategic Director updated Members on the progress to date with regard to transfer of community assets to Town and Parish Councils. He stated that there were a lot of transfers to complete, but good progress was being made highlighting that they had completed the process of disposal of public open space and as there were no objections received, the ongoing disposals would continue. He stated that there were no issues to raise other than with the additional assets for Wimborne Town Council as they began the transfer process on a later date than the others and would need to catch up. Officers will be meeting with Wimborne Town Council on 4th January to discuss their plans and how they could be supported going forward.

    A query was raised over the access issue for the land in Corfe Mullen. The Strategic Director stated he would explore the issue and report back.

    It was further stated that the dates on the appendix were estimates and at the next meeting they would have a clearer idea of these. Members stated that at the next meeting they could explore if extra officer hours were required in March to complete the work to ensure all would be tied up as best as possible before April.

    Members felt that good progress was being made and were pleased with what had been achieved so far.

    RESOLVED that the report be noted.

    Voting: Unanimous

     

    Dorset Shadow Authority Asset Task and Finish Group – Feedback

    Councillor Parry provided Members with an informal feedback from the last meeting of the Dorset Shadow Authority Asset Task and Finish Group. He stated that Weymouth and Portland were given full backing by the Group for selling their former council offices for redevelopment. West Dorset approached the Group with a plan to transfer toilet blocks on mass to the parishes, but the proposal was rejected. He further stated that no concerns were raised on the progress being made at East Dorset as Members here have taken a pragmatic and cautious approach, and therefore progressing very nicely for the benefit of the local community.

     

    Date of Next Meeting:

    The Date of the next meeting was agreed for Tuesday, 29 January 2019 commencing at 6.30pm.

 

East Dorset District Council
Powered by GOSS iCM
-->